Inducing Visual Sensations
Artists Albert Barqué-Duran and Marc Marzenit were commissioned the creation of an installation for the Ars Electronica 2020 Garden Barcelona, and they came up with the astounding VESTIBULAR_1, a piece that invited the audience to wander inside a vestibular system experience.
The special edition of the world's most famous digital art festival, which spread its program in more than 120 cities around the world, touched base at Arts Santa Mònica Centre in Barcelona from 9-20, September, reaching more than 6000 visitors.
The two artists, together with co-producers Colección BEEP and New Art Foundation, relied on ProtoPixel lighting design technology to create this extraordinary immersive audio-visual installation that temporarily disrupted the human visual system through patterns and configurations of audio and light stimuli.
- ProtoPixel Mini Controller (Ethernet)
- ProtoPixel Node & App
- ProtoPixel Create (lighting moods)
- A project by Albert Barqué-Duran and Marc Marzenit for Ars Electronica
- Co-produced by Colección BEEP and New Art Foundation
- Supported by Institut Ramón Llull, Sónar Festival, Hangar, OFFF Festival
- Technology Partner: ProtoPixel
- Sound design: Silent System
- Photos: ProtoPixel